2009-07-08

If You Think This Is Easy...

Hey all you mugs. Girl Friday here. It's been a long couple of weeks here in Paradise. So far, the missing persons investigation hasn't gone quite like I planned it. I figured that finding the missing BillyBear would be duck soup, but it sure hasn't turned out that way. Even without Tracer's dead ass holding me back, I'm still not much farther along than when I started, and my client is starting to get a bad case of ants in the pants. He's a nice enough guy, but geez, does he have to call me every hour on the hour to find out where the investigation stands? He called me right in the middle of shaving my gams a few nights ago, and the phone scared me so bad I gave myself one hell of a nick. Well, at least it was on my knee, so what's another scar there, more or less?

The funny thing about this investigation is how everybody in town has clammed up tighter than Tracer's wallet. Seems like everybody knows I'm out asking questions, and I've had more doors slammed in my face in the last few weeks than Carter has pills. People see me coming and their windowshades go down faster than Goth Girl's panties. I've got a hunch that there's more here than meets the eye, and these people all seem to know something that I don't.

I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that there is power and influence at work here, even though I can't figure out how anybody would want to hide BillyBear's whereabouts. I mean c'mon... he was a perverted elf. If it was me, I'd always want him in plain sight, not sneaking around somewhere where I couldn't see him. But anyway, back to the power and influence thing. I got rousted by the bulls when I was working late at the office the other night. They roughed me up pretty good and tore the office apart looking for something, but I outsmarted them. I was expecting their visit, so I had hidden all my investigation notes in the drawer next to my perfume. I knew they wouldn't be able to keep that drawer open long enough to search through it. They threatened to haul me off to the caboose, but it was all a lot of hot air. They didn't have anything on me and I knew it. I told them that whatever dingus they were looking for, I didn't have it, and if they weren't gonna arrest me, they could just scram out and talk to my mouthpiece.

So now, I'm off to give the third degr..... errrr.. interview that Miss Tara dame. She was always a good source of information in my cases with Tracer, and she was even nice enough to give me a pair of expensive nylons and a bottle of fancy perfume for Christmas once. I could never understand how Tracer was able to get her so riled up all the time. She seems nice enough to me, and has a great set of pins to boot. She was also one of the last people to hear from BillyBear, so I'm gonna jam my roscoe in my bra and hightail it over to the LDW Club. I'll try to blend into the woodwork until she shows up. Wish me luck!

Gotta go... time is money in the P.I. business...

::Hikes my skirt up and whistles::

Hey taxi!


(to be continued)

Girl Friday

3 comments:

MissTara said...

So the boys in blue have been hassling Friday in her search for the fuzzball, huh? That makes me think that Billy's on the lam and the Man has got his own reasons for bringing the perverted elf in. You'd better be careful, Friday, it might be one of them nameless government agencies with a bunch of letters on their badges. They've never been hesitant about roughing up a dame, I'd keep your heater close and your perfume closer. And this is under the rose, see? Don't lead the bulls onto my trail, I got my own cover to maintain!

Anonymous said...

Hugs (from krissi)

Little Bitchass said...

Hi Miss Tara! Friday left to head over your way to do some kind of an interview with you to see if it might help finding BillyPervert. She shoulda got there by now, unless she got another slug or two in the knees. Well, keep on the lookout for her and tell her there have been lawyers calling here all day for her. I'll pass on your message to her if she calls in.

Hey there Krissi! Hugs back! Good to see you pop in, sis! How's the spinnie thingy chasing going?

l.b.a.