Wow! September 4th Already! Wonder What Bitchass Has Been Doing For The Past Month?
Since I haven't written anything in that time, and since a few of my friends have posted a few things, maybe it's time I blew the cobwebs off of this blog and added some text to it.
And since my blog never contains anything fictional, I'll just stay with that format and tell you what I've been doing lately. This won't take long, and if you manage to stay awake through it, there will be a quiz at the end.
When I left you last, I was sitting by myself at work, waiting for the tropical storm to wash me away. Sadly for you, it didn't, and neener neener neener, I'm still here. We had another Hurricane scare last week, when there was a possiblility that Gustav might head over in Bitchass' direction. I watched the news and weather, and figured I'd be smart this time and not wait until the last minute to get extra water, batteries, and candles. So out I went, and was able to find what I needed before everything got cleaned off of the shelves. But Gustav had his evil eye fixed on the New Orleans area all along, and he headed straight there, leaving all my storm supplies still sitting in their little plastic shopping bags. I guess I'll put them away after hurricane season is over.
Remember when I had told you in a previous post that I had to replace my dead modem? Well, my Internet connection problems continued to cause me grief until 2 days ago. I could never get my Internet speed anywhere close to where it should be, and web pages were taking anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes to load. I started checking out the computer, and found some spyware and a Trojan (not the condom) hiding in there. I cleaned those things out, cleaned up my registry, and in the process caused other problems. I began to suspect that I had broken Internet Explorer when the spyware got cleaned out, and so I installed Firefox to see if it was any faster. It wasn't. Everything was still going slower than income tax reform.
That made me suspect either the new modem or some other problem with my ISP. Since I had installed the replacement modem, and remembering that I had problems doing the online setup, I decided to call Comcast while I still had my router bypassed and had a straight connection between computer and modem.
The tech I got listened (hahaha... not really) to the symptoms I described, and then told me that there was an outage in the area and that it was probably the cause of my slowdown. I pointed out to him that I had just told him that my Internet was slow for over a month, and that must be some kinda outage they had going on. I also pointed out that I still had my connection, but that it was dead slow. At any rate, he insisted that he couldn't do any troubleshooting with me until the outage was cleared. When I asked him when I should check back, he said it could be 48 hours. I figured that at least if I called back the next day, I might get a tech more interested in helping me.
Now the story gets really wierd. I checked my ISP download and upload speeds before going to work the next morning, and they were still crawling. After finishing work, I turned onto the street leading to my subdivision, and there on the side of the road, were 2 Comcast bucket trucks, and their occupants were working on an overhead wire. I got home, turned on the computer, and my Internet connection had mysteriously gotten it's speed back. It's been that way ever since, and was it just a coincidence that it got fixed the day after I called? You tell me. I'm just happy to be able to browse without cursing at the computer every time I change to a different webpage.
So needless to say, most of my past month has been spent trying to get my computer straightened out. Add that to the fact that I have been super busy at work and not able to get online to play like I used to, and you can see why I haven't been around much. Weekends have mostly been spent sweating my ass off outside while I push the lawnmower around the yard.
Well, my lunch hour is over, so this will have to do for todays post. Maybe I'll post again soon, maybe not, who knows?
One last thing. Notice the special date in the header of my blog. That date is the anniversary of my first call with Princess Grace. I was really looking forward to our 2nd Anniversary this year, but September 20th is only about 2 weeks away, and if some things don't change by then, it looks like it's not gonna be much of a celebration. I'm hoping that September 20th will stick in my memory as a happy day, and not a sad one.
See y'all next time I post.
Princess, as always, I wuv You and miss You.
little bitchass
P.S. If you're waiting for the quiz, there isn't gonna be one... I ran out of time...
2008-09-04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well I sure hope Sept. 20th remains a festive date for you.
I checked my ISP download and upload speeds before going to work the next morning, and they were still crawling.
It must have sucked for porn. Whatever did you do???
Oh. ::snicker::
You bought a magazine - they still make those?
were 2 Comcast bucket trucks, and their occupants were working on an overhead wire.
Yes, installing God knows what nefarious devices to further your acceptance of shrinking bandwidth.
Luck with the 20th thing, at least it's on a Saturday. I'd hold my breath but don't want to run the risk of being deader than Princess's blog is at the moment.
Post a Comment