2007-11-18

Wierd Thanksgiving Thoughts From A Turkey...

Another year is rapidly coming to a close, and as we get closer to the end of November, the first holiday to materialize out of the murk is Thanksgiving. I used to enjoy this particular holiday a lot! On Thanksgiving Day, I would try to get any work I might have to do out of the way, and then I'd sit down in front of the TV and watch either football, or any of the same old holiday movies that are always scheduled every year on that day. I really didn't care too much what I watched, the really nice thing was to be able to sit there and drink in all the wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen while Thanksgiving Dinner was being prepared.

It's not like I was being a jerk and wouldn't help with the cooking, it's just that I am totally inept when it comes to cooking skills, and so I was not allowed to hang out except for a trip to the refrigerator for an occasional drink. My job was to just stay the hell out of the kitchen and out of the way until after the dinner was over with, and then I would chip in and help with the cleanup activities and the dishwashing. See? Even then I was more suited to a role as a maid or kitchen servant.

I'm in Texas now, and am originally from back East, so being this far away from my extended family on the holidays had it's advantages, in that the guest list for dinner was very manageable. There was none of the simmering disagreements and semi-submerged bad feelings that family members are prone to gossip to each other about all year and then hide under a bib for a holiday meal while forced smiles from jaws as tight as an undersized corset were displayed by all . And without all of that drama, the meal itself becomes the high point. Sitting down to a table piled with roast turkey and stuffing, with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, and side dishes like peas, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce, was better than any silly old orgasm... at least for one day out of the year. (OK, maybe for 2 days out of the year, because Christmas Dinner ran a close second for gastronomical delightfulness). If I can keep to the same analogy, enjoying the pies and other desserts afterwards was the closest I will ever come to being multi-orgasmic.

This wet dream came to a screeching halt about 5 or 6 years ago, when a rebellion in the kitchen occurred, and a decree of "I'm not going to the trouble of cooking a Big Thanksgiving Dinner anymore" was handed down from on High. And so for the next few years, the whole Thanksgiving meal would come in a box from the supermarket. There was a whole turkey in there (it still needed to be popped into the oven for a few hours), and there were also some side dishes included... even a pumpkin pie! It wasn't homecooked exactly, but it was still turkey, and if you closed your eyes, you could almost imagine it was from scratch (except for the side dishes, which tasted kinda like the cardboard box that they arrived in).

After a few years of "Thanksgiving Dinnner In A Box", that effort also became too much. Another rebellion occurred, and the next plan became "Going To Denny's For Turkey Dinner". Let me tell you, if you haven't tried this, it's a real cullinary treat, and I "enjoyed" this wonderful assault on my taste buds for another couple of years. There was a good side to this however. There was none of the stress of planning and cooking the meal, and there was no cleanup afterward. All I had to do was pay the check, drive home, and reflect on another fine Turkey Day.

The final straw came last year, about 4 days before Thanksgiving, when I embarked on my "jem goes it alone" period (as a matter of fact, the anniversary of that memorable day is tomorrow). So, I wasn't in much of a mood to celebrate the Holidays last year. My Thanksgiving Dinner was made by Swanson and took all of ten minutes to thaw, heat up in the microwave and serve. Not my preference, but still pretty easy on the cleanup afterwards.

As for this year? I still don't know what I'm gonna do. I think I'll prolly feel a little better after a year on my own, but I'm still not sure if I want to go out to eat or just go with the old faithful Swanson's Turkey Dinner Extravaganza. I don't think I want to go through all the effort and ultimate heartache of attempting to cook a complete turkey dinner, because I know I'll just ruin it anyway.

So, I'm toying with the idea of possibly overnighting myself in a big roasting pan, with my ankles and wrists tied together and wearing aluminum foil booties on my feet, up to Princess Grace's Castle, where She can display me as a Thanksgiving Novelty in Her office while She torments Her clients on the phone. Hell, maybe She'll even heat up a Swanson's entree for me, I don't know. All I know is, I'd give up even the best homecooked Thanksgiving Dinner, just for the chance of spending the Holidays with my Stroke Princess! Can't happen you say? Well, I can fantasize, can't I?

Wuv You, Princess! I know one thing that I'm sure thankful for, and that's You! I hope You have an enjoyable and stress-free Thanksgiving!

little bitchass

8 comments:

BillyBear said...

So, I'm toying with the idea of possibly overnighting myself in a big roasting pan, with my ankles and wrists tied together and wearing aluminum foil booties on my feet

Well I'm reasonably certain that there's a fetish website somewhere of this very thing and a bunch of dudes whacking off to it. I'm surprised MsAlly hasn't tossed up a service catering to this need. She should probably call it, Baste That Turkey BITCH Until Denied!

In all seriousness though jem, I hope you have a GREAT turkey day that's a little more enjoyable than last years (at the LEAST).

Your pal, billybear

Lucky Pet said...

Whatever you decide to do this Thanksgiving I hope you have a great time.

PSO Goddess said...

Well, I will tell you, I tried to have My family go out to dinner this year for the holiday. Most people act better when they are "out" but of course no one wanted to hear this. lol So going to the family thing, with two bottles of wine in hand...Let's hope that will do it. lol

I hope you have a good holiday honey. And not to worry, we will be spending one of those nights after together, so we can pretend that is Thanksgiving day!

Little Bitchass said...

*Well I'm reasonably certain that there's a fetish website somewhere of this very thing and a bunch of dudes whacking off to it*

I'm thinking this may be at the same site as I saw that Crisco-covered tree-top ornament fetish!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes! I hope yours is an enjoyable one two!

little bitchass

Little Bitchass said...

*Whatever you decide to do this Thanksgiving I hope you have a great time.*

Thanks so much! I hope you have a great holiday too, and I'll keep looking for that pic of the drumsticks in the hose and boots!

(but I'd still prefer to stare at a pic of Princess in hose and boots more)

little bitchass

Little Bitchass said...

*So going to the family thing, with two bottles of wine in hand...Let's hope that will do it. lol*

Princess, 2 bottles might help You, but maybe You should take some wine for the rest of the family too!

*I hope you have a good holiday honey. And not to worry, we will be spending one of those nights after together, so we can pretend that is Thanksgiving day!*

Mmmmm... I sure hope we can get that scheduled! Do You want me in my aluminum foil booties for that? I'm a little bit worried about the stuffing and basting though...

Princess, I hope You have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that everything goes smoothly at the family get-together.

And most of all, thank You for being You... Can't wait to see You afterwards.

Wuvs Youuuuu!

Your little bitchass

Ace said...

jem,

The greatest thing about the holiday is the chance to be reminded of what we're grateful for. As limited as my ability as an e-friend to offer you some Thanksgiving cheer is, please know you're not alone.

When I sit down to eat with all the people I have to pretend to enjoy being around, I'll be thinking about all those who enrich and improve my life, and you are among a small handful that I put at the top of that list.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! You'll be in my thought!

-ace

P.S. I highly suggest the Marie Callendar's dinners... They're pretty good!

Little Bitchass said...

*Have a wonderful holiday weekend! You'll be in my thought!*

Thanks, ace! I wish the same for you! As for my Holiday plans, I ended up having them changed for the better! Read about them in my next post!

little bitchass