Happy Thanksgiving Everybody... And It Really Really Was!
I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving today, and I hope everybody's day has been extra enjoyable. Mine almost wasn't, but after a little intervention last night by Someone very special, I think this Thanksgiving turned out to be the best I've had in years!
As you may have guessed from reading my previous blogpost, that I really wasn't looking forward to this holiday and had selfishly started feeling very down and very sorry for myself. I had pretty much decided to just withdraw from things, stay home, and just wait for it all to be over with.
That all changed last night, when I got a surprise IM from Princess Grace. I had IMed Her earlier in the day to see if we could pin down the day and time of our next call, and knowing that She has been really busy, I wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't get a reply from Her. But reply She did, and by the time we finished chatting, I had a whole new outlook, and I was really looking forward to today.
We talked about a lot of things. We talked about food (more on that later), hairstyles, piercings, tattoos, and other things She could make me do when I finally sign Her Contract. We also talked about what we each had been up to, and what each others plans for spending the holiday were. I found out that Princess was planning on spending the day with family. I hope She had a great time, because She said if She didn't, I'd be paying for it when we had our call.
She also told me that She had just been to the movies, and saw "Enchanted", which She described as a cute and ultra girlie movie.
"It was a sweet girlie movie. It was not just a girlie movie. Take girlie, wrap it in pink ribbon, flowers, fluff and anything else pink, thats how girlie it was lol"
And then as we chatted, Princess had a brainstorm... She decided that She had the perfect homework for me to do today. I was to get dressed, wear my new girls penny loafers with tan thigh highs, and go out to eat Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner at Denny's. She told me to be sure to get a nice big piece of apple pie with ice cream for dessert. The apple pie was eventually changed to cheesecake when we realized how much we both loved cheesecake, and now cheesecake is our official new Thanksgiving dessert. Then, after eating, I was to go to the movies, buy a ticket and watch "Enchanted", the ultra feminine girlie movie.
As you probably know, there is no way that I was gonna turn down one of Princess Grace's homework assignments. The Contract we talked about will be yummy, but I don't really need one to do what She tells me to do. I do it because I want to please Her, and I get satisfaction out of submitting to Her wishes.
I got to the Denny's a little before 3 in the afternoon, and when I went in, I seemed to disturb the waitress who was putting up Christmas lights over the window to the back room. When she saw me, she stood there looking at me like I had grown another head until I said I'd like a table please. She still stood there looking at me like she didn't understand what I just said, so I tried again. There was not another soul in the dining room, and when I asked her for a booth, she blinked a couple of times and cocked her head to one side like a dog that just heard a high pitched sound.
"Do you have a reservation?"
OMG, I SWEAR she really asked me that!
I figured I must've broken some kind of "Denny's Empty Dining Room Protocol", and so I quickly made up an excuse for wanting a booth instead of one of those cramped little half-tables.
"ummmm... no, but I have friends who are going to be dining with me."
(Liar liar pants on fire.... Right... Like it really mattered... there wasn't much competition for the booths at that point).
"Expecting a pretty big crowd today, huh?"
"Yeah... ::blink blink::"
::Twilight Zone music begins to play in my head::
So she took me over to a booth back in the corner, which was alright with me because I was pretty selfconscious about the expanse of tan stockings on my ankles that were peeking out between my jeans and my loafers. She left 4 menus on the table and got me some water and left me to figure out how to get myself out of my little fib so I could go ahead and order my dinner.
I gave her a few minutes and then when I caught her eye I called her back over and told her that my friends had called me and told me they weren't coming, and that I'd be dining alone.
::More blinks and a head cock...::
She took my order, and by some miracle, it must've been the end of her shift, and so she turned my order over to a waiter, and I had a fresh lease on life. This was a good thing, because the first waitress was beginning to creep me out, and I didn't want her around to spit on my food when it came out.
Just before the meal came out, the waiter came by and picked up the extra menus, leaving one on the table.
"I'll leave one in case your friend shows up"
That's when the scene shifted in my head, and things became kinda surreal and magical. I saw the extra menu as symbolizing Princess Grace actually being at the table with me. I know that may sound wierd, but my mood brightened and I had the most unusual feeling that She was right there with me. The meal came out and I chowed down, and was pretty surprised that it tasted a lot better than any I ever had there before. I think it was the feeling of Princess Grace's presence that made the difference in my mood. I truly did enjoy the meal, and went to work on my cherry cheesecake. It was so yummy that I asked the waiter to bring me another slice and another glass of milk. When I was finished, I felt like I was gonna bust, and had to do what you always read about in these Thanksgiving Dinner tales, which was to loosen my belt a notch.
I wanted to just sit there and relax, but I had more homework to do. I paid the check and left for the nearest movie theater.
In an amazing coincidence, I got to the ticket counter just at the scheduled starting time for "Enchanted", so I didn't have any wait at all. I bought my ticket, along with a big box of buttered popcorn, and went in and sat down. I was careful to do what Princess had recommended, which was to sit far away from any kids, whose mothers might think it was odd for anybody to come to that movie alone, and might call the law on me.
"maybe I should make you wear the cage, in case you have to get patted down... ::giggles::"
Well, She didn't make me wear the cage, and I sat down with my popcorn and the movie began.
Now, this movie might not be for everybody, but it turned out to be really cool and because the main character was a princess, I started seeing all kinds of parallels with Princess Grace and others in the LDW world. I found myself thinking of the main character as Princess Grace pretty much all through the movie. She was beautiful and a little silly, but had a huge heart and so much love inside her.
The movie depicted two worlds.. a fantasy world and the real world, and how people from both worlds interacted when thrown together. It was very enlightening to see how things must be in Princess Grace's life, what with all the singing and having little woodland creatures helping you to clean house and get dressed and stuff. The bill to replace draperies and tablecloths every time She decides to make a new outfit must be astronomical.
But the best part of the story was the message of finding your true love, and as much as I wanted to be in the shoes of Robert, I knew that my relationship with Princess can never be that, and I realized that the character I most identified with was the princess' chipmunk friend, Pip. Pip was her best friend from the fantasy world, her loyal confidant, and was fiercely protective of her, and tried his best to keep her safe all through the movie. Identifying with a chipmunk might sound creepy to you, but I was impressed by his loyalty to her, and tireless efforts to do the right thing for her. He took a lot of shit for her, but never once gave up.
I have to say that I really enjoyed this movie, maybe because I somehow needed to see it. It had a great ending, but I won't spoil it by telling you what it was. After it was over, I stepped out into the chilly air of the parking lot, took a deep breath, and laughed to myself when I suddenly realized that I was very happy and had just had one of the best Thanksgivings I'd had in a long, long time. I think Princess knew from the start that this would cheer me up, but I don't think even She realized how good I was gonna be feeling after it was over. Thank You so much for this homework, Princess!
In our chat, Princess hinted that I may be going to see other movies for Her in the future. If I feel as good as I did when I came out of the theater today, I can't wait!
I do sooo wuvs my Stroke Princess!
little bitchass
2007-11-22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so glad you had a good turkey day honey! I would have enjoyed watching you gobble up all that yummy food, that is for sure! ::giggles:: But you would have needed to give Me a few bites of cheesecake you chunky monkey! *wink*
*I am so glad you had a good turkey day honey! I would have enjoyed watching you gobble up all that yummy food, that is for sure! ::giggles::*
Awwwww... thank You, Princess! The day was much better than just good, and the thoughts of You and doing Your homework made it that way for me! And gobble? Isn't that something turkeys do?
*But you would have needed to give Me a few bites of cheesecake you chunky monkey! *wink**
I would LOVE to share my cheesecake with You! From the looks of Your pics, You could eat a whole cheesecake and not gain an ounce! But You sure did stuff me yesterday...
Your little bitchass
I would LOVE to share my cheesecake with You!
Is this some sort of weird sex code?
::runs off to google::
But You sure did stuff me yesterday...
GASP! It IS it is some weird sex code and I bet you BASTARDS have a decoder ring!
::runs off to weirdsexdecoderring.com::
*GASP! It IS it is some weird sex code and I bet you BASTARDS have a decoder ring!*
Dammit! You caught us! OK... so we DO have a special sex decoder ring. Since the secret is out, I guess it can't hurt anything to show you how it works.
I take the ring, and dial in the letters from a word like this... let's use "billybear" as an example... hmmmmm.... seems to decode loosely as...uhhh... fruitcake? hmmmm OK! We'll play with this thing later, OK?
little bitchass
ok I am getting a little sick to my stomach.
First you went to Denny's and were actually seated. This means that you are not African-American (that was hard...I hate hyphens) since Denny's is notoriously bad about that. Or perhaps you are and that is why the first waitress treated you badly.
Next you ate all the turkey meal, cheesecake and followed it up with a big tub of buttered popcorn.
I will be back. Gotta go get some Tums.
Ok I am back and feeling much better now except for the horrible chalky taste in my mouth.
Glad you had a good Turkey Day.
*that is why the first waitress treated you badly*
I was kinda thinking that it was because she was a little over medicated.
*Next you ate all the turkey meal, cheesecake and followed it up with a big tub of buttered popcorn.*
Yes, I know... it was a horrible display of gluttony on my part. But yummy though. When is swimsuit season? Not for a while, right?
little bitchass
Glad u got to get out and have a bit of fun on Thanksgiving, jem... I enjoyed Enchanted as well. So, billy's a bear, I'm a tiger, and you're a chipmunk... I hope you have good medical insurance. I'm just saying.
Post a Comment