2007-02-16

Ventie time! Here's a little open letter.

I was very disturbed this morning to see a recent comment by a client that was posted in one of the LDW Phone Ops blogs. The posting specifically named another Phone Op at the service and was, how shall I say it, "less than flattering".

Now blogs can be a good thing. They can be good advertising for a business. But they can also cause damage to that same business when used in the wrong way. It never looks good when a client sinks to petty name calling in another Phone Ops blog, and then it becomes time for the blog owner to step up and remedy the situation. This kind of thing also indirectly casts a bad light on all of the Phone Ops at the Service.

As for the client/commenter, if you have an issue with a particular Phone Op, or think you've been treated unfairly in some way, then send a complaint to the owner of the Service. If you're not brave enough to do that, then just shut up. Naming names in a public forum just shows poor judgement and a total lack of class.

I know this letter may get me in trouble with my Mistress, but it's just sad that some people seem to thrive on drama and are not having fun with this like most of the rest of us, so it'll be worth it...

Only my opinion. Comments are invited.

little bitchass

5 comments:

PSO Goddess said...

Well My darling jemmie, that is the good and the bad thing about blogs. You can post whatever you want. Can be truth...or your version of the truth. How ever it goes.

You are also asking people to comment and put their own two cents in. Its a great sounding board, but you will not always like what you get, or read. This is why you pick and choose what you read. If I know there is something out there that I will not like, or I wont see eye to eye on, I choose not to read it. Now its not like the news where its burying your head in the sand...this is personal opinions, not fact. So when I choose not to read something...its cause I dont see eye to eye with that persons views.

Now some of course would read, and want to get into it. The "drama" factor...but who wants or has time for that? I know in My life, I dont. lol

I know you want Me to go read what your talking about...but I am not going to bother. *smile* I know where I stand...and don't want to get pulled into the mud.

Now as for you in trouble? Naaa, you have your feelings and free to share them. *smile*

I hope others share on this topic too! I think its a good one!

Kissies,
Princess Grace

PSO Goddess said...

PS One last thing...this is so naughty...but..since you have kinda told Me what this is about now...I have to add this in...::giggles::

Good or bad....the focus is still on Me...talking about Me, thinking about Me...so..in another words, its all about ME!

You know how I love that! *wicked giggles*

Anonymous said...

Jem, billybear, Princess, whoever else reads these things,

No one asked me to write anything here and probably most of you wish that I would not but I need to do it for me.

I confess that this whole thing makes me a little sad and please while you read this "hear" it in a sad tone not an angry one.

I don't really care what other people think but can't figure out for the life of me why some people want to hurt others in this type of situation. I am no granola eating, tree hugging pacifist. Hell I think I truly believe there are certain places in the world that would be better if we bombed them Dresden style but I can't figure out the hate here.

We are either Mistresses or pets. When you get past the roleplaying and boil us down to our basics here in this realm you will remember that this is all that we are. It is who we are no matter what we do in the real world. Here we are not decision makers that are making life altering decrees on the world stage. While I do happen to think the world of my Mistress, these are NOT serious life threatening events that we are talking about here.

We are supposed to be having fun, right? This HAS to be taking the fun out of it for EVERYONE involved, not just me. If this bantor IS fun for you then there is no reasoning and no hope that it will end. I hope when we all look deep inside this situation that we will admit to ourselves that this is indeed no fun at all and maybe we will all wonder why are we expending effort on this at all.

Thanks for reading this at all.

-lbb

BillyBear said...

Hey there lbb, jem and Princess,

I feel like chiming in with my two cents too.

jem, first of all great post the blog space is freewheeling and I'm glad to be a part of it. I agree that certain rules were violated in naming names.

I think that sooner or later, and Princess probably doesn't care in the sense she'd rather not have us involved, "pet pride" kicks in and we will not have certain lines crossed without mentioning it.

lbb you're right. We come here for fun, not drama and if I'm reading you correctly none of the drama would have started if names hadn't been named and that saddens me too. Instigating will eventually generate a reaction. How long will one let sand get kicked in their face.

Princess I am glad to see you not getting into this and I know (parts of it) what a full rich RealWorld life you lead, you don't have time for this and that's fine. Some of us have time, and will get into it if necessary. None of us want that.

I know You know how proud we are to be Yours. I found "the comment" offensive, so did jem I'm certain a large number of Your pets do. I'll go out on a limb and include lbb in that crowd.

It's a big playground with lots of room to play, keep names out of it and I'm certain we can all get along just fine.

Anonymous said...

"...if I'm reading you correctly none of the drama would have started if names hadn't been named and that saddens me too."

You read me right billybear.

As I reread my comment I don't think I made it clear enough. Jem your post was a well written, tactful, mature and thoughtful RESPONSE to the problem, not a part of the problem.

-lbb