What just happened?
First, I am following Princess, I fell off of a mountain but She rescued me, and now here I am sitting in this bush again. The sun has just come up. I'm sooooo confused, but at least the sandstorm has stopped, and for some strange reason, I seem to have new energy to get up and go on.
I struggle to my feet, having a hard time of getting myself loose from the bush, which seems to be full of thorns that I hadn't noticed when I first sought shelter in it.
I take a look around and scan the horizon in all directions, but I see no sign of Billyprophet, Lucky, or Bankysue, and the wind and sand has covered any tracks that were once there. I see what looks like a big pine tree way off in the distance, and decide that I probably don't have much time left, and if there's a chance that there could be water there, I'm taking that chance. So, armed with new hope, off I went in the direction of the tree.
I walked towards that damn tree for hours, and it never seemed to get any closer. Maybe it was just a mirage, my mind playing tricks on me. As the sun beat down, it began draining the hope out of me, along with whatever sweat my parched body had left in it.
The tree continued to keep it's distance from me, and it became harder and harder to move my feet. Finally I just couldn't do it any more and collapsed in the sand, thinking,
"Well, bitchass, I guess this is as good a place as any."
While I waited, I became aware that the sandstorm had returned. Sand was blowing everywhere, and the sound of the wind got deafening. "Wait a minute, jem... that doesn't sound like wind..." I have vague recollections of people and voices...
"Here's the other one! Not much left of her. Get her inside and get an IV going, stat!"
I feel myself being jostled around and lifted off the ground on something. As I'm being carried through the swirling sand, I see the source of the noise... a medivac chopper? No... it's a chopper alright, but it says State Conservation Dept. on the side. And the last thing I see as I'm placed inside is a logo of a big green pine tree on the side of the chopper.
Now I'm lying in a hospital bed, with IV tubes sticking into just about any exposed area of skin. I guess I was pretty fiesty, because they have me restrained with straps, which if you know me, you also know that I don't mind that one little bit. As I lie here regaining my strength, I'm reflecting on what just happened.
I've heard that my friends also got out safely, so that's a good thing. I wish them a speedy recovery. I'm worried that maybe Princess Grace won't know where I am when She gets back from Her vacation, so if somebody could please tell Her, I'd appreciate it, since I'm a little tied up at the moment.
Was Billyprophet ever really a prophet? Did he ever really receive a vision from Princess? Did She really tell him to take us into the desert? I don't know, but that doesn't matter now. We survived it and became as close as any friends could ever be. And the golden thread that ties us all together is Princess.
To Billybear, Lucky, and BankySue, we burned together in the crucible on this Dance With Death, and I'm sure we've gained something from the experience. I'd be scratching my head and wondering what it was that we gained, if only my hands weren't strapped down.
This doesn't mean that I am not gonna give BillyBear a TON of shit when I get out of here. I'm gonna need lots of money for skin and hair treatments, and my lawyers should already be in touch with his on this matter.
Well, the IV is is telling me it's nappie time now, and so, I will see everybody when I can. Feel free to visit me when I get out of Intensive Care.
Princess, while you were away, thoughts of You were always with me, and kept me going through all of this! Your bitchass wuvs Youuuuu!
little bitchass
2007-05-26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you made it out alive.
hey jemmie, there you are, i was worried about you.
Go ahead and get yourself all filled up with those IV's, pretty soon Princess will be back and that is the best medicine of all.
This doesn't mean that I am not gonna give BillyBear a TON of shit when I get out of here.
SUPER!
And the golden thread that ties us all together is Princess.
Dammit! Another great line! Back to the microwave mittens ... oh don't look at me that way, it's not like you've been suffering!
Great tale jem from start to finish :-)
I loved the whole Wastelands epic! Great work, jemmie!
huggggs
Post a Comment